Thursday, July 26, 2007

Diamonds and rust

Despite some unlucky circumstances, my silk samples were very well received. In fact, my teacher had nothing but good things to say about not only my work, but me as a person. It was a well deserved bit of credit for all the trouble I went through earlier in the day.

Last night, while Mr Truffles was going on his nightly walk, I came across some furniture that had been discarded by the neighbors. One of these items was a very vintage, borderline ridiculous, table that has a built-in lamp. It looks like something my grandparents would own. Despite it's dated appearance, I couldn't just let it go (since I coincidently needed a bed side table and a lamp), so I brought it over to my condo (since it was free). By a crazy stroke of uncharacteristic luck, it looks PERFECT. It has a lovely vintage-done-up-in-a-new-way look that fits me perfectly. I love it.


The new book of the week is 4:50 From Paddington by Agatha Christie. I cant wait to ravage it's mysterioius pages!

And finally, MY TEACUPS CAME TODAY! Another welcome pick-me-up that made the day better than it would have been otherwise.

L.

No comments: